Storm Shelter Limited Warranty
East Texas Shelters (ETS) warrants to the original consumers purchaser of a ETS underground concrete storm shelter that it will repair or, at its sole discretion, replace the shelter if there is substantial water leakage into the shelter caused by a defect in material or workmanship in the concrete structure or in the seal between the two concrete subunits. This Limited Warranty is in effect for ten (10) years from the documented date of purchase as established by a written sales order or receipt.
Exclusions from Limited Warranty
- ALL INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.
- All defects, damages, or injuries cause by misuse, abuse, improper installation, improper maintenance, alteration, neglect, or uses other than those for which products were intended.
- All conditions, damages, or injuries caused by normal wear and tear, cosmetic issues, small cracks, climatic conditions, or water leakage around the door and ventilator.
- Door hinges, ventilators, and any other components that may be subject to another manufacturer’s warranty.
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, contact East Texas Shelters, PO BOX 2127, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483.
ETS cannot predict, and does not warrant in any way, actual performance of any storm shelter under any conditions, including conditions of tornadoes or severe storms.
THERE IS NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply. Some states do no tallow exclusion of or limitation of how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply. This warranty gives the original consumer purchaser specific legal rights, and the original consumer purchaser may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Maintenance Tips for Your New Storm Shelter
It is very important to keep dirt packed around your shelter. After the first few rains, following installation, you will see considerable settling of the dirt around the unit. this is normal. It is necessary to rake the dirt back up against the shelter on all sides. It is recommended by the manufacturer that the dirt remains over halfway up the sides and back of your shelter.
To extend the life of the steel door hinges, it is recommended to lubricate them at least twice a year. Failure to do so may cause hinges to freeze up and/or break off the door or door frame. Hinge replacement IS NOT covered by our Limited Warranty.
The steel door of your shelter has been painted with a metal primer. To prevent rusting, you may wish to re-prime and/or paint when needed. You may also choose to put weather-stripping around the inside of your shelter door to keep the water from leaking in during heavy wind-driven rains. Our Limited Warranty does not cover water leaking in around the door.
It is not necessary to put any type of waterproofing agent on the outside of your shelter.